Skin Food: Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding
A recipe to stay healthy and feed nutrition to the skin
Chia seeds are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and nutrients that support energy and healthy skin. The next time you are craving a creamy dessert, make this simple, nutritious, and delicious chia pudding! Chia pudding is the perfect healthy alternative to fat and sugar-laden ice cream and frozen yogurt. Learn how to make and customize chia pudding that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth while obtaining all the wonderful health benefits of chia seeds. In a matter of minutes, you can make chia pudding for a nutritious, on-the-go breakfast or surprise your dinner guests with a fancy and elegant “dessert.”
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Dessert (Serves 4)
- In a high-powered blender or bowl, mix the following ingredients together:
- 2 cups coconut milk (almond milk, soy milk, and flax milk are great alternatives!)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw honey (or less for less sweet version – can also use maple syrup or 1 tsp stevia)
- Whisk into the mixture:
- ½ cup Chia Seeds (they come in white or black varieties, either will work great)
- Pour the entire mixture into a glass storage container or jar and place in refrigerator for 5 hours or preferably overnight.
- The mixture will gel together to form a thick, creamy pudding
- When ready to serve, top with fresh berries, nuts, and any other toppings of your choice! So delicious!!
- Anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids
What's Your Skin Type
Each article on Dermveda is unique, just like you. Find your skin type and save your results to get articles that are compatible with you.