Alexandra Vaughn, MD
1. Koh HK, Geller AC, Miller DR, et al. Prevention and early detection strategies for melanoma and skin cancer. Current status. Arch Dermatol.1996;132(4):436-443; PMID: 8629848.
2. Robinson JK. Sun exposure, sun protection, and vitamin D. Jama.2005;294(12):1541-1543; PMID: 16193624.
3. Flament F, Bazin R, Laquieze S, et al. Effect of the sun on visible clinical signs of aging in Caucasian skin. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol.2013;6:221-232; PMID: 24101874.
4. AAD. Sunscreen FAQs. https://http://www.aad.org/media/stats/prevention-and-care/sunscreen-
faqs. Accessed August 15, 2016.
5. AAD. Don't get burned: Protect your skin during outdoor activities. 2014; https://http://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/sunburn-prevention-and-treatment. Accessed August 15, 2016.
6. Edlich RF, Cox MJ, Becker DG, et al. Revolutionary advances in sun-protective clothing--an essential step in eliminating skin cancer in our world. J Long Term Eff Med Implants.2004;14(2):95-106; PMID: 15099187.
7. Sun-Protective Clothing: Why It's Worth It [press release]. Skin Cancer Foundation2014.
8. Mirmirani P. Age-related hair changes in men: mechanisms and management of alopecia and graying. Maturitas.2015;80(1):58-62; PMID: 25466305.
9. David HS. Epidemiological studies of sunlight and cataract: the critical factor of ultraviolet exposure geometry. Ophthalmic Epidemiology.1994;1(2):107-119; PMID.
10. A Guide to Sunglasses. Glaucoma Research Foundation 2013; http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/a-guide-to-sunglasses.php. Accessed August 15, 2016.
11. Sun Safety. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/sun-safety.htm. Accessed August 15, 2016.
12. AAD. How to prevent and treat blisters. 2016; https://http://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/how-to-prevent-and-treat-blisters. Accessed August 15, 2016.
13. Vivanti A, Harvey K, Ash S, et al. Clinical assessment of dehydration in older people admitted to hospital: what are the strongest indicators? Arch Gerontol Geriatr.2008;47(3):340-355; PMID: 17996966.
14. Mac-Mary S, Creidi P, Marsaut D, et al. Assessment of effects of an additional dietary natural mineral water uptake on skin hydration in healthy subjects by dynamic barrier function measurements and clinic scoring. Skin Res Technol.2006;12(3):199-205; PMID: 16827695.
15. AAD. Dry skin relief. https://http://www.aad.org/public/skin-hair-nails/skin-care/dry-skin-relief. Accessed August 15, 2016.